“From Objects to Agents
Bologna, Italy, 22-24 June 2020
Call for Papers
The twenty-first edition of the Workshop “From Objects to Agents” (WOA) will be held in Bologna to serve as a forum for researchers and practitioners working on all aspects of agents and multi-agent systems (MAS). Following the significant interest that all facets of Artificial Intelligence have been recently obtaining, the topic for WOA 2020 is
MAS for Human-centred Intelligent Systems
It is increasingly recognised that AI’s vision for the future must be guided by a commitment to study, design and develop intelligent systems as human-centred AI technologies and applications. On the other hand, agents and MAS have been at the core of the design of intelligent systems since their very beginning, and their long-term history in developing intelligent systems might open new ways to engineer human-centred AI.
Approaching MAS from a human-centred perspective includes explicitly recognising the human perspective and abstractions in developing intelligent system as well as reframing MAS design and implementation on situated human practices, therefore exploring the co-adaptation of humans and MAS. A human-centred understanding of MAS can lead not only to more usable MAS technologies, but to new ways of framing intelligent system from a computational point of view.
WOA 2020 will bring together researchers to discuss those issues and suggest future research questions and perspective aimed at creating a human-centred approach to MAS and intelligent systems. The workshop therefore aims to be an interdisciplinary and global hub for thinkers, students, researchers, and developers who wish to understand and exploit the impact and potential of MAS in the future of intelligent systems.
Topics of Interest
- Agents theory and technology related to human-centred intelligent systems
- Software engineering techniques for human-centred intelligent systems
- Languages and tools for agent-oriented human-centred intelligent systems
- Agent-oriented architectures for human-centred intelligent systems
- Responsible and ethical AI in agent-oriented models and architectures
- Responsible and ethical AI in agent-based simulations and applications
- MAS for interpretability and explainability of intelligent systems
- Trust, security, and privacy in human-centred intelligent systems
Moreover, the following topics are also more than welcome:
- Adaptive, animated, and personality-driven agents
- Agent-oriented software engineering
- Agent-based languages and platforms
- Agent-oriented methods and development tools
- Agents and objects
- Agents and sensor networks
- Agent-based modelling and simulation
- Coordination, cooperation and communication for agents
- Formal models for agents and MAS
- Hardware and software infrastructures for agents and multi-agent systems
- Industrial applications of agents and MAS
- Learning, planning and reasoning for agents
- Security, trust and responsibility in MAS
- Software agents and the Web
- Standards and interoperability for agents and MAS
- Theoretical, conceptual and ontological basis of agents and MAS, along with any other MAS-related topic.
The workshop welcomes research contributions which would allow to solicit the discussion and brainstorming about any relevant aspect related to agents and multi-agent systems, either practical or theoretical/conceptual.
Accepted contributions will be included in a volume of the CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
Contributions of 6-8 pages should follow the IEEE conference template (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
Papers can be submitted in PDF format at http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=woa20200
- Paper submission deadline: April 24th, 2020
- Notification: May 20th, 2020
- Camera Ready: June 01st, 2020
- Workshop: June, 22nd-24th, 2020