First Call For Participation
17-26 Sep 2018, Luxembourg
Early registration deadline is on August 09 2018
Registration is open via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=luxlogai2018)
Both student and regular early registrants receive €100 off.
The normal registration deadline is on Septemeber 01 2018
Registrations after the deadline are considered as late registrations.
For regular registrants (non-students), a late fee applies.
The Luxembourg Logic for AI Summit (LuxLogAI 2018) brings together the 2nd International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning (RuleML+RR 2018), the Reasoning Web Summer School (RW 2018), the Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (GCAI 2018), DecisionCAMP 2018, the MIREL workshop and the annual meeting of the Deduction Systems group (Deduktionstreffen 2018).
With its special focus theme on “methods and tools for responsible AI”, a core objective of LuxLogAI is to present the latest developments and progress made on the crucial question of how to make AI more transparent, responsible and accountable.
The summit will provide a forum for stimulating cooperation and cross-fertilization between the many different communities focused on the research, development and applications of Artificial Intelligence and Rule-based Systems. We invite you to join rigorous researchers and inventive practitioners in Luxembourg, a world-class location for research, development and innovation at the heart of Europe.
- Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR)
- The University of Luxembourg
- Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT)
- Interdisciplinary Lab for Intelligent and Adaptive Systems (ILIAS)
- Digital Luxembourg (sponsor for Diversity@LuxLogAI)
Keynotes & Speakers
- Hannah Bast (Uni Freiburg)
- Pascal Fontaine (Uni Lorraine)
- Georg Gottlob (Uni Oxford)
- Guido Governatori (CSIRO, Data61)
- Cynthia Kop (Radboud Uni Nijmegen)
- Valeria de Paiva (Nuance Communications)
- Philipp Slusallek (Saarland Uni)
- Daniele Nardi (Uni Roma)
- Daphna Weinshall (Hebrew Uni Jerusalem)
- Bob Kowalski (Imperial College), Miguel Calejo (logicalcontracts.com) and Fariba Sadri (Imperial College London)
- Monica Palmirani (Uni Bologna)
Multiple Events Summit
- MIREL (MIning and REasoning with Legal texts) Workshop: 17 September 2018.
- 4th Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (GCAI 2018): 17-19 September 2018.
- DecisionCAMP (Business Rules and Decision Management Technology): 17-19 September 2018.
- AI and ART: 17-19 September 2018.
- 2nd International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning (RuleML+RR 2018): 18-21 September 2018.
- AI Public Event: 19 September with Viviane Reding [(European Parliament), Toby Walsh (UNSW Sydney), Claude Adam (University of Luxembourg), Philipp Slusallek (DFKI, Saarland University)]
- Self Organizing Systems (SOS): 19 September 2018.
- Diversity@LuxLogAI: 20 September 2018.
- Annual meeting of the Deduction Systems group of GI e.V. (Deduktionstreffen 2018): 21 September 2018.
- Reasoning Web Summer School (RW 2018): 22-26 September 2018.
– RuleML+RR Posters, see Call for Posters, Extended deadline: 8 August 2018
– Deduktionstreffen 2018, see Call for Abstracts, Deadline: 5 August 2018
- Summit Chair (LuxLogAI): Leon van der Torre (U Luxembourg)
- General Chair (RuleML+RR): Xavier Parent (U Luxembourg)
- Program Chairs: Christoph Benzmüller (U Luxembourg & FU Berlin) Francesco Ricca (U Calabria)
- Proceedings Chair: Dumitru Roman (SINTEF/U Oslo)
- Industry Track Chair: Silvie Spreeuwenberg (LibRT Amsterdam)
- Doctoral Consortium Chair: Kia Teymouria (Boston University, Metropolitan College) Paul Fodor (Stony Brook University)
- Int’l Rule Challenge Chairs: Giovanni De Gasperis (U L’Aquila) Wolfgang Faber (Alpen-Adria-U Klagenfurt) Adrian Giurca (BTU Cottbus- Senftenberg)
- Reasoning Web (RW) Summer School: Claudia d’Amato (U Bari) Martin Theobald (U Luxembourg)
- Publicity Chairs: Amal Tawakuli (U Luxembourg)
- Financial Chair: Martin Theobald (U Luxembourg)
- Poster Chair: Alex Steen (U Luxembourg)