First Call for Papers
Special Session on Argumentation Technologies
CLIMA XIV – 14th International Workshop on Computational Logic in Multi-Agent Systems
Corunna, Spain, September 16-17, 2013.
Co-located with LPNMR’13.
Submission deadline: June 10th (abstracts June 6th).
Proceedings: LNCS/LNAI volume (available at the workshop).
JLC Special Issue: Selected extended papers will be published in a Special Issue of the Journal of Logic and Computation.
Argumentation is an important and exciting topic in Artificial Intelligence, where uses of argumentation have increased in recent years, throughout a variety of subdisciplines. Research activities range from theory to applications. The CLIMA XIV Special Session on Argumentation Technologies is intended to be a forum to discuss concepts, theories, methodologies, and applications of computational models of argumentation.
We invite submissions related to (but not limited to) one or more of the following topics:
- Computational models of (natural) argument
- Argumentation in artificial societies
- Argumentation in social networks
- Argumentation in multi-agent systems
- Dialogues, negotiation and dynamic aspects in argumentation
- Argument-based interaction and persuasion
- Innovative applications of computational argumentation
- Agreement technologies
Following the previous thirteen, very successful, editions, the 14th CLIMA will take place in Corunna, Spain, on the 16th and 17th of September 2013. It will be co-located with LPNMR’13.
In addition to CLIMA’s regular topics and the session on Argumentation Technologies, this edition will feature a special session on Norms and Normative Multi-Agent Systems.
We welcome and encourage the submission of high quality, original papers, which have not been accepted for publication nor are currently under review for another journal or conference.
LNCS Proceedings: CLIMA’s Proceedings will be published by Springer as a volume in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science, and will be available in time for the workshop. JLC Special Issue: After the workshop, authors of selected papers will be invited to extend and re-submit their work to be considered for inclusion in a CLIMA Special Issue of the Journal of Logic and Computation.
Detailed information regarding CLIMA, its topics of interest, the two Special Sessions, formatting and submission instructions is available at http://centria.di.fct.unl.pt/events/climaXIV/
- Submission: June 6th (Abstracts) / June 10th (Papers)
- Notification: June 24th
- Camera Ready: July 4th
Argumentation Technologies Special Session Organisers:
- Paolo Torroni, University of Bologna, Italy
- Stefan Woltran, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Norms and Normative Multi-Agent Systems Special Session Organiser:
- Leon van der Torre, Univ. of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
CLIMA XIV Chairs:
- João Leite, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Tran Cao Son, New Mexico State University, NM, USA
Please send all enquiries about CLIMA XIV to email@example.com