By Luc De Raedt,
Maurice Bruynooghe turned 60 on July 6, 2010. On this occasion, a special symposium to honor and celebrate him was organized by the lab for Declarative Languages and Artificial Intelligence at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven It took place on July 7, 2010.
The program of the symposium consisted of a number of talks on various topics in computational logic. Keynote talks were delivered by Prof. Robert Kowalski, Imperial College, London and by Prof. David S. Warren, State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Further talks were given by:
- Prof. Yves Willems, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. Krzysztof Apt, CWI and University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Michael Codish, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Prof. Veronica Dahl, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
- Prof. Danny De Schreye, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Prof. John Gallagher, Roskilde University, Denmark
- Prof. Patricia M. Hill, University of Parma, Italy
- Prof. Luis Moniz Pereira, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal and
- Prof. Antonio Porto, Universidade do Porto, Portugal.
A Liber Amicorum was also prepared for Maurice Bruynooghe.
More information can be found at http://dtai.cs.kuleuven.be/IM60/index.php