NSF IGERT Graduate Fellowships
New Mexico State University offers both one-year MS fellowships and two-year PhD fellowships for students to pursue graduate study in computational molecular biology at New Mexico State University.
This is a joint fellowship program with Iowa State University (ISU) .
- An annual stipend of $30,000
- An education allowance of $10,500 per year to cover the cost of tuitions,
fees and health insurance
- A fund of $1,500 per year for textbooks and scientific journals, computer software and hardware, professional conferences, short courses, internships, travel and related expenses
- Joint mentoring by biologists and computational scientists
- Core courses in molecular and computational molecular biology
- Faculty research seminars
- Student research seminars
- Training in scientific ethics
- Annual ISU-NMSU joint symposia
- Participation in national and international scientific meetings
- Research rotations in "wet" and "dry" laboratories
- Research internships in industry and government laboratories
- Opportunities for international training experiences
IGERT fellowships are open to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Please send your applications to appropriate graduate programs at NMSU and indicate that you would like to be considered for IGERT fellowships in your cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Preference will be given to
doctoral program applicants.
Please contact Professor Joe Song (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions regarding this fellowship.
Last modified: Wed Apr 25 11:09:52 MDT 2007