New Mexico State University
MSC CS, P.O. Box 30001
1290 Frenger Mall SH 123
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
I obtained my Ph.D. from Department of Computer Science,
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) in 2007
(under the supervision of Prof. David W. Cheung and
Dr. Nikos Mamoulis),
and my master's and bachelor degrees from School of Information,
Renmin University of China (RUC) in 2002 and 1999 respectively.
Before joining NMSU, I worked in the SONET project at UCSB NCEAS,
and in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Computing and Informatics (SCI)
at Arizona State University (ASU)
(with Prof. K Selcuk Candan)
for the tDAR project.
My full curriculum vitae can be found here.
- Data mining: Discovering patterns, association rules, clusters, etc. from general business data or special data (e.g., trajectories of moving objects, time series, etc.)
- Databases: Data integration, Table summarization, Query processing over spatial data/XML data, Location-aware search
My DBLP record. Self-maintained publications (with
pdf, source codes, etc.) will be made available soon.
- CS272 - Introduction to Data Structures
- CS479/579 - Special Topic on Data Mining
- CS482/502 - Database Management Systems I
- CS582 - Database Management Systems II
Ref: NMSU academic calendar
Research projects I attended in the past
- tDAR: a data integration project collaborated between computer scientists and archeologists.
- SONET: a data integration project collaborated between computer scientists and ecologists.
Last updated: Aug. 2010