Logic, Knowledge, and Reasoning Research
Implementation of Functional Logic Parallel Virtual Machine
This project plans to implement a parallel virtual machine of the multi-paradigm functional logic language Curry. The evaluation strategy employed by the virtual machine is based on definitional trees and needed narrowing for deterministic operations, while non-deterministic operations will depend on the graph transformation, bubbling.Students:
- Abdulla Alqaddoumi
- Abdulla Alqaddoumi, Enrico Pontelli An Implementation of Bubbling (CICLOPS 2011)
- Towards a Parallel Virtual Machine for Functional Logic Programming. ICLP (Technical Communications) 2010
Mapping Low Level Data to Abstract Knowledge
Studying the effectiveness of using various machine learning techniques to map low level information onto a complex abstract knowledge base.Students:
- Patrick Defibaugh-Chavez
- Khoi Nguyen, Vien Tran, E. Pontelli, and T. C. Son. On Improving Conformant Plan-ners by Exploiting Domain-Structures. AAAI 2011.
- Khoi Nguyen, Vien Tran, Son Tran, Enrico Pontelli. On Computing Conformant Plans Using Classical Planners: A Generate-And-Complete Approach. ICAPS 2012.
- D. V. Tran, H. K. Nguyen, E. Pontelli, and T. C. Son. Improving performance of conformant planners: Static analysis of declarative planning domain specifications. In PADL 2009, pages 239-253. Springer, 2009.
- Dang-Vien Tran, Hoang-Khoi Nguyen, Tran Cao Son, Enrico Pontelli. CPA(H): A Conformant Planner Based on Approximation. ACM TIST.
Have a research project not listed here? Send any information you want posted here.